Length: 80 hours (40 online/40 in-person)
1. Workplace Essentials: The purpose of this unit is to teach you a variety of knowledge-based skills related to employability and personal interaction with supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates. In addition it will help enhance your understanding of essential job functions.
2. Supply Chain Management: Supply chain management involves management of the physical flow of materials from the original point of manufacturing to the final point of consumption at the end consumer. Supply chain management includes both physical material as well as the data that corresponds to planning and execution of the material. The purpose of this unit is to help you understand the various functions involved in managing a company’s supply chain.
3. Logistics and Transportation: Upon completion of this unit you will understand the various modes of transportation, be able to describe a domestic freight system, and know the various government compliance entities and rules that govern transportation operations.
4. Warehouse Operations: Warehouse management is an important element in supply chain management. The receipt, storage, handling, and shipping of materials are all warehouse functions that play a critical role in the supply chain. Upon completion of this unit you will be well versed in understanding the complex role of warehousing, its role, and compliance regulations.
5. SCM Information Technology: Information technology is the force behind the explosion of the global market. In order to succeed in the logistics world an associate must have basic knowledge of the computer systems and software that oversee the supply chain. This unit gives you working knowledge of basic office computer applications as well as an overview of software specific to supply chain functions.
6. Safety Compliance: Safety is the number one priority of today’s supply chain leaders. Manufacturing, warehousing, transportation, and distribution can all be dangerous work environments if not managed appropriately. Companies and government have moved to mandatory practices to ensure that employees are not at risk.