Course Description: Students will learn how to effectively function as a Team Lead within their organization. Training will consist of a combination of formal instruction (lecture, discussion, interactive computer learning, video tape, and written material), practical training (demonstrations performed by the trainer and practical exercises performed by the trainee) and evaluation of the student’s performance in the workplace.
Length: Two-Days: 12 hours (two, six-hour classes) or (six, two-hour classes)
1. The Role of the Leader
- This section focuses on the differences and expectations of new responsibilities.
2. Soft Skills & Employ-ability Skills
- Instructor led self-evaluation based on real-world demonstrations of learning.
3. Leadership Styles
- Discussion about the different leadership styles, the importance of developing a flexible style and a personal evaluation of each student’s natural style.
4. Effective Communication
- This section explains the communication process from listening and asking questions to responding and providing feedback.
5. On-the-Job Training
- This section explores the effectiveness of OJT and its impact on productivity.
6. Leadership vs. Management
- The differences and similarities of leadership and management are defined and explored. The perception of each role is defined as it pertains to the workplace.
7. Team Work
- The idea of a team is broken down to its simplest form to create an understanding of team dynamics and workgroup characteristics.
8. Conflict Resolution
- Managing differences between team members properly and the impact on the individual and the organization.
9. Motivating Employees
- This section identifies the link between motivation and achieving goals.
10. Performance Metrics
- This section applies learned concepts to practical application for job performance measurements as well as a review of how performance can affect internal and external customers.
10. Warehouse Lab
- Instructors will validate knowledge and understanding with practical assessments where applicable with other students.
11. Certification of Completion of the Course (upon passing assessments)